BIOCORNEUM is a silicone gel that can help to minimize the appearance of scars. You can use BIOCORNEUM on scars from surgical and aesthetic procedures, trauma, wounds and burns. It can be effective on old or new scars.
Silicone therapy is part of the standard of care in treating hypertrophic, or raised, scars.
Typically, the silicone comes in the form of a tape. This requires removing the tape for showering and then reapplying the tape. BIOCORNEUM is a gel that dries after application.
BIOCORNEUM is a gel that looks clear and smooth and stays flexible on the skin.
BIOCORNEUM contains SPF 30, which aids in sun protection in sun exposed areas. Sun protection helps prevent scars from darkening. It is important to protect scars from the sun particularly when they are new, from 3 to 6 months at least, to help prevent darkening.
The key ingredient, Silishield, is an FDA approved, medical grade, patented, cross linked silicone. This technology allows for the ease and comfort of a simple gel application combined with the benefits of medical grade silicone.
BIOCORNEUM can be combined with any other cosmetic (makeup) products. You’ll want to avoid this product if you have a silicone allergy, which is rare.
- prevents and minimizes the formation of hypertrophic scars
- decreases the appearance of old scars
- protects scars from sun exposure’s darkening effects
- dries quickly to adhere to skin for 12 to 24 hours
When would I use BIOCORNEUM?
You might consider BIOCORNEUM for yourself or a loved one:
- after surgery, to reduce the appearance of your surgical scars. It’s recommended to use BIOCORNEUM for 60 days.
- if you have an older, raised scar that bothers you. It’s recommended to use BIOCORNEUM for 90 days for older scars.
How long will my product last?
The 20 g size will treat:
- New scars up to 4-6 inches long, for the recommended 60-day treatment time.
- Old scars up to 2-3 inches long, for the recommended 90-day treatment time
Read more at biocorneum.com
Have questions about BIOCORNEUM or your scars?
Email us at email@example.com
BIOCORNEUM is a medical grade, patented silicone scar gel with SPF 30 can help reduce the appearance of scars.
Silicone is a standard treatment for raised scars. SPF 30 sun protection helps to prevent scars from darkening.
BIOCORNEUM goes on as a gel and is flexible, making it comfortable and easy to use.
Dr. Costa on BIOCORNEUM: “I find BIOCORNEUM to be a great alternative to silicone tapes, in that you generally put the tape on and take it off when you shower and then put it back. BIOCORNEUM is a gel. You put it on, let it dry, and shower and do your activities without having to remove it or it getting in the way. It can be nice for your child because it’s much easier to apply a gel and leave it rather than pulling off a tape, which can be bothersome.”